View topic - South Wales March meeting

South Wales March meeting

South Wales March meeting

Postby Powys Paul » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:49 pm

The weathers good{Today!So hope to see some forum readers on the 1st Sunday of the month at the Steel Horse BIKE CAFE.
Last month saw Martin/Lucy's new steed.A rather fanciful Benelli 125 with stickers and attitude!You can't miss it...
Watch out for Allan's black Enfield 500 and all being well we may see Rod back on his Red v7 after a nasty T- bone off on his Suzuki last year.Then there's a chance Dave and Kat come along and give us the lowdown on winter camping...
Congratulations to Will who told us recently that he had successfully passed his I.A.M. instructors course.No mean feat.Good on yer Will.
Oh,if you are reading this Dai i have got another Red Kite badge to replace the one that got lost/broken.Will bring it along to the March meet as we missed you last month.
Ken is planning,if i'm not mistaken, coming over from Newport on his new addition too.Clue:It's a Guzzi!
Hopefully,we can catch up, have a chat,hear who's going where and mayhap- arrange a group outing.Anyone fancy the Clocks forward at Upton on severn on the 23-25th March?Oh,and Martin V will have some discounted Red Kite tickets available to save postage costs!
Last edited by Powys Paul on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Powys Paul

Re: South Wales February meeting

Postby v7john » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:19 pm

You sold it to me Paul. Where were you? Martin's little Benelli does look fun. I had a sit on it but it's a tad too small for me.
1972 V7Sport.
1972 V7 700 ex Vigili del Fuoco?

Follow my blog at http://www.racingrhino.wordpress.com
v7john
MGCGB Member

Re: South Wales February meeting apology!

Postby Powys Paul » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:35 pm

Sorry about that my no show John.I would have loved a photo of you on Lucy/Mart's 125 for publication in Gambalunga!Did you get any pics?
My story is that we had some pesky non biking friends who turned up last minute .com yesterday.They left here early afternoon after making us go out and drinking til late.It was,apparently, on behalf of birthday gal Marianne...It would have been rude no to go out after all..Also, Ken texted to say he was off to a show in Bristol.
I thought i'll grab the bike and pop over to the Steel Horse..The bloomin thing wouldn't start(EVEN WITH 3 BUMP STARTS!).Battery on charge as we speak...It looks like i will need a new one- or there may be a problem with the earth/solenoid switch...How was the meeting for you sir?! :roll:
Psst Do ring if you decide to try your luck next time?
Powys Paul

Re: South Wales February meeting

Postby v7john » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:44 pm

It looks like everything conspired against you today! It's a real bind when some blighter makes you go out drinking isn't it?

Sorry, no pics of me on that little Benelli. Let's just say, being 6'4", I could easily get both feet on the ground.

Isn't that the second time you've got stuck because of a dead battery? Good luck hunting down the problem. Check all the connections and relays but ,if the battery's losing charge while the bike's idle it's possibly time for a new one.

Catch up with you soon.
1972 V7Sport.
1972 V7 700 ex Vigili del Fuoco?

Follow my blog at http://www.racingrhino.wordpress.com
v7john
MGCGB Member

Return to South Wales Branch