View topic - Big Chill camping 17th - 19th June

Big Chill camping 17th - 19th June

For members in the area.

Big Chill camping 17th - 19th June

Postby Pinky » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Hi Folks
This year the Devon Branches 'Big Chill' Camp is being held on Fri 17th Sat 18th & Sun 19th June at Compton Park, Florence Road, Callington, Cornwall PL17 8EA Tel: 01579 383069 The park in east Cornwall is situated on the south western slopes of Kit Hill Country Park. The Engine House restaurant / tea room offers full English breakfasts, light snacks, lunches and serves home cooked meals until 10:00 pm on Friday and Saturday, there’s also a farm shop next to the tea room which sells a range Cornish produce.
The site has newly installed shower and toilet facilities while the camping area is level and has panoramic views across the Devon / Cornwall countryside.
The cost for camping is £6:00 per person per night. Pay the receptionist in the tea room.
Saturday’s ride out will take the coastal road overlooking Whitsand Bay, which is a dramatic mix of sandy beaches and sheer cliffs and then its on to the coastal fishing port of Looe for ice cream. Compton Park is easy to find only a short distance from Callington Town on the A390 Gunnislake road - look out for the yellow board showing ‘Farm Shop and Café’. The entrance in Florence Road is about 1/2 mile up the hill on the right - follow the path ( caution there is loose gravel on the approach ) into the site, keeping the cafe to your right, you will see the field directly in front of you.
Its no ticket weekend - simply turn up, pitch up and chill out. emails to either Pete or Bob if you can make it along, or for further info - we look forward to seeing you there.
email Pete: dmpstrp@yahoo.co.uk or Bob: pearce51@sky.com

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Com ... 1aaea6e3ee 
Last edited by Pinky on Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinky
MGCGB Member

Re: Big Chill camping 17th - 19th June

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Hopefully I will be able to attend this one. 

Postby andyrook » Sun May 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi there, if bringing a caravan do we just turn up or do we need to pre-book? Thanks, Andy & Amanda.

andyrook

Postby Pinky » Mon May 02, 2016 3:50 pm

andyrook wrote:Hi there, if bringing a caravan do we just turn up or do we need to pre-book? Thanks, Andy & Amanda.

Hello Andy & Amanda
To be sure of a pitch for a caravan I would pre-book, look forward to meeting up in June.

http://www.comptonpark.co.uk

Cheers
Pete
Pinky
MGCGB Member

Postby ScottyThe Oz » Sat May 21, 2016 12:00 am

Wont be able to make it as I turn 50 on the 17th and there is a get together on the 18th, and Mum is over plus my sister so bike stuff must take a back seat. I bet its a good one - I ride around the area all the time. Maybe.......I might be able to pop up on the 17th but I doubt it.
"The world is my country and to good is my religion" - Thomas Paine
ScottyThe Oz
MGCGB Member

Return to Devon West Branch