View topic - Devon 'Big Chill' camping

Devon 'Big Chill' camping

For members in the area.

Postby Pinky » Thu May 29, 2014 10:15 am

Hello Folks

July Friday 11th, Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th - Devon ‘Big Chill’
a Branch camping weekend in The Dartmoor National Park. We will be using the campsite behind The Plume of Feathers an historical inn situated in Princetown which is located on the B3212 road between Yelverton and Two Bridges - the campsite has full facilities for campers, the rates are £6.95 pppn or £11.95 with breakfast. No tickets required simply turn up Friday when you wish and pitch up. If the Plume has approx numbers we may have use of the Paddock Area which is a level field - a show of hands please.
The Inn serves traditional home cooked dishes at affordable prices, Princetown has various cafes and pubs while Tavistock is only a short ride away.
Princetown, at around 435 metres above sea level is the highest settlement on the moor which offers unprecedented views and various walks or trails to follow but the emphasis will be on a quiet, relaxing weekends camping, with a run out on the Saturday for those who want to discover the charms of Dartmoor and beyond.
Pinky
MGCGB Member

Postby bluestoesonnose » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:46 pm

Saw the bikes early this morning, pleasant surprise on the morning MTB ride
bluestoesonnose
Non MGCGB Members

Postby ferguzzi » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Well, I made it home last night after an eventful few days.
I made it to the airshow, or the outskirts at least, and after asking for direction from a cop, the bike refused to start, a return of the electrical problems that i thought had been sorted in exeter. Long story short, i was stranded for 5 hours while the aa helped with one fault only for another to reappear a mile afterwards.
We ran a short circuit that bypassed a faulty starter wire, then bypassed a relay that was preventing the battery from charging.
Needless to say, this was all the aa man's work. It meant I had to remove all the baggage and my seat to shutdown and to start the bike- but at least i got home!
I did miss most of the airshow, though....
A Faulty wiring loom is suspected.
I'd just like to say a big thanks to all at the Dartmoor meet for a great weekend, and for making me feel so welcome.
I'm picking up my new Targa next weekend in Bournemouth and taking it home, I'll let you know how I get on. I think I've seen enough of the AA for one year. Or decade ,for that matter.
cheers,
fergal.
'02 V11 Tenni, '94 750 Targa, '81 Katana

The wilds of Clare..
ferguzzi
MGCGB Member

Postby Pinky » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Glad you made it home eventually Fergal.
Yep, sounds like the Tenni needs some serious fettling.
Thanks for coming along to our Dartmoor bash, hope the run home on the Targa goes okay.
Pinky
MGCGB Member

Return to Devon West Branch