View topic - 2011 Stelvio radiator cover

2011 Stelvio radiator cover

For those seeking Guzzi bits and pieces.

2011 Stelvio radiator cover

Postby gofer » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:22 pm

HI, I'm trying to locate a radiator cover for my 2011 Stelvio, the one for the 32 ltr tank. Stein-dinse in Germany advertise just what I'm looking for, but it's been out of production since over a year ago. Why they still advertise it in their catalogue I don't know. Have tried TLM in the Netherlands, but they don't have it for the 2011 model. Does anyone in the UK know of a UK dealer who has these radiator covers.
All replies appreciated.
Gordon
gofer

Re: 2011 Stelvio radiator cover

Postby David W » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Gutsibits might be able to supply one made by Stucchi Luigi. For my 2013 NTX I bought one from Radguard in Australia (www.radguard.com.au). Its a very good product, and is currently selling for £91.81 plus shipping. Service was very good at the time so I wouldn't have any qualms about using them again.

Hope this helps

David
David W
David W
MGCGB Member

Postby gofer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:37 pm

David W wrote:Gutsibits might be able to supply one made by Stucchi Luigi. For my 2013 NTX I bought one from Radguard in Australia (http://www.radguard.com.au). Its a very good product, and is currently selling for £91.81 plus shipping. Service was very good at the time so I wouldn't have any qualms about using them again.

Hope this helps

David

Hi David,
Thanks for the tips. I tried Gutsibits, but for some reason the measurments of the cover they sell is not compatible with my 2011 Stelvio oil cooler, it was much larger than the cooler.
Will give radguard a shot.
As an afterthought, Steine Dinse in Germany have a great Stelvio oil cooler cover advertised in their catalogue, the only problem is that they can't supply it. I've told them to remove if from their catalogue to no avail.
Gordon
gofer

Postby gofer » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:10 pm

David W wrote:Gutsibits might be able to supply one made by Stucchi Luigi. For my 2013 NTX I bought one from Radguard in Australia (http://www.radguard.com.au). Its a very good product, and is currently selling for £91.81 plus shipping. Service was very good at the time so I wouldn't have any qualms about using them again.

Hope this helps

David

David, would you believe that neither Gutsibits U.K., Radguard Australia, Streffords U.K. or MG i U.S.A. can supply the oil cooler cover for my 2011 Stelvio. The cooler they all sell has the wrong dimensions for my model. My cooler has a 7 hole frame compared to 11 on the cooler for the advertised cover. Therefore too big. Radguard offered to make a one off cover, but far too expensive.
Gordon
gofer

Postby David W » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:24 pm

Gordon
Not sure if this will help at at all, but on the Stucchi Luigi website they have two different oil cooler/radiator protectors. One is part number PRZ970090 and the other PRZ970130. They are different shapes so I would think are intended for the different variants of the Stelvio. Unfortunately, I can't check to see which shape is fitted to my 2013 Stelvio as it isn't here at the moment.
I would have thought one of them ought to fit, but is your Stelvio one of the later big tank models or the earlier 18l tank version? Can't think why there should be any other reason for any variations between the two versions, but I'm not that familiar with the earlier Stelvio.

Hope one of these is the right one

David
David W
David W
MGCGB Member

Return to Wanted - Guzzi parts