View topic - Armoy Road Races

Armoy Road Races

This forum is for news and information regarding the Northern Ireland branch and it's events

Armoy Road Races

Postby DavieL » Tue May 16, 2017 1:48 pm

I am planning a trip to Ireland the last week in July and am looking to take in the Armoy Races.

The website has some general info but you cant beat local knowledge - is there a camp site at the event and is it any good? Any good alternatives?

Happy to rough it myself but wifey might not be!!

Cheers,
Moto Guzzi Caledonia 1100
DavieL

Re: Armoy Road Races

Postby jimmy the hawk » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Sorry you have not had any replies yet. At the present time I have no information on camping in that area but since nobody else has got any info to you, I will try and find something out. What sort of facilities would you be looking for?
James
jimmy the hawk
MGCGB Member

Postby DavieL » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi Jimmy, Thanks for the reply. No need to go to any bother there are some places listed on the link below. I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Was thinking of a b&b or a decent camp site within walking distance to a pub! And is the town of Armoy the best place to stay or would somewhere like Ballycastle be a better option. Not to worry - just asking on the off chance :)

http://amrrc.com/local-area/where-to-stay-11/
Moto Guzzi Caledonia 1100
DavieL

Postby guykate » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:32 pm

Aahhh....the Armoy Armada....I remember that film when they were blasting down the tracks twixt fields n sheep......
guykate
MGCGB Member

Return to Northern Ireland Branch