View topic - Wanted- A bike to love and cherish

Wanted- A bike to love and cherish

Guzzis wanted

Wanted- A bike to love and cherish

Postby Oldrat » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Wanted, an interesting old bike to buy with my ISA money as an investment. Somewhere ITRO £10k -35k. Yep I’m a very lucky chap but you can’t polish a bank statement.

I’m after something that I can adore and be proud of for a few years (so riding is optional!!) and which stands a reasonable chance of beating inflation. To give you an idea I prefer Italian, they are easier to love! and I’ve been considering squarecase 750/900 SS Ducatis, Series1 Jotas and Guzzi Le Mans 850 or V7 or S3 but happy to look wider such as BMWs and old Harley WLCs. Prefer original and history/ provenance /unrestored BUT I’m open to suggestions.

Turn that garage queen into some cash, and I guarantee to love it to bits, I’m not after a quick turn around. Happy to travel. Send me a private message or text/call my mobile.. Zero Seven Seven Oh Three 459 349

Brian
Last edited by Oldrat on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oldrat
MGCGB Member

Re: Wanted- A bike to love and be and cherish

Postby chilly » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Bloke who gets on this site has done just what you are aiming at Mr Rat, bought himself an old Indian rather than look at his hard earn't money festering in the bank 8-)

The look on his face when he got the bike home and fired it up tells you it was all worth while.
chilly
MGCGB Member

Re: Wanted- A bike to love and cherish

Postby Oldrat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:06 am

Thank you kind Sir.
I’ve not been in this position before and I’ve lost too many friends to illness. 

I’m looking forward to any suggestions or offers please folks.
Oldrat
MGCGB Member

Re: Wanted- A bike to love and cherish

Postby Oldrat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:40 pm

Still open to offers at the moment.

Well, this post has stirred some interest, I just wanted to say thank you to those who have contacted me directly.

There’s one bike in particular that has raised my pulse, it’s totally unexpected so I’m doing some research, as it’s an investment first an foremost.

Brian  
Oldrat
MGCGB Member

Return to Wanted - Bikes