View topic - KENT BRANCH MEETING

KENT BRANCH MEETING

This forum is for news and information regarding the Kent Branch and its events.

KENT BRANCH MEETING

Postby rossoandy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:42 am

There will be a branch meeting at THE DOGHOUSE Evesgate Centre SMEETH nr Ashford on Friday 1st December at 8pm,
It is the first for some time and we wish to set up some further meetings and ride outs for 2018 for which suggestions are welcome.

The Doghouse is a small micro pub serving real ales and a selection of simple but good meals from its tiny kitchen. You will not be disappointed. I have reserved a table for 8 as it can get busy there. Ideally let me know you are coming,partners welcome too. Come in the car if its ccccold there plenty of parking. TN25 6SX a few miles outside of Ashford just off the A20 to the right after the Blue and White Café.
www.thedoghousepub.co.uk

As you enter the Evesgate complex there a turning to the right by the jewelers, easiest to park in that area the first visit perhaps and walk the 15yards along the path to the pub which is situated past Ibbidity bobbety boo........there is a large covered area for smokers which has infra red heating, if there a big turnout and the pub is exceptionally busy there is lots of seating there. brrr

A few years back we did a secret santa at the Blue and White Café on a Saturday morning, anyone fancy that say on the 16th Dec?
Also there a great Boxing Day meeting at the Pied Bull Farningham,which will see 100s of bikes from around 10am to 1pm. A pint (or coffee) and a bacon roll anyone? Usually a good few club members there.

So.....anyone interested?

Andy Court
rossoandy
MGCGB Member

Re: KENT BRANCH MEETING

Postby Johnny-B-G » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Sorry I missed this, only just seen the post. John
Johnny-B-G
MGCGB Member

Postby PaulW » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Only just saw this, I don’t look often as there’s not been much on here!  Would be interested in future meets. Is it possible to get email notifications from this forum?
PaulW

Postby rossoandy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:04 pm

I agree this forum and indeed the KENT branch has been very dormant, due in some part to our bike accident in 2013 in France and then a new business start up which for obvious reasons took priority over everything else. Add to that the difficulty in getting anyone (aside from a handful of folk) to participate and my continued personal disappointment with the marques attitude towards dealers and customers alike, plus..... a sometimes doubtful build quality¬. All diluted my personal interest and thus enthusiasm, for that I apologise.

However....I love the bikes and the people who ride them so......lets try again....

My mobile number is in Gambalunga and on the website as KENT CONTACT for the club so if anyone has an idea for a ride out or any club activity do call or message me here or via rossoandy@hotmail.com my e mail.

My partner Sarah will also take calls or messages via her mobile 07840773688

Our next informal meeting wil be at the Doghouse Smeeth nr Ashford, Friday 5th January, around 8-30 pm onwards, Sarah and I are attending a funeral but expect to be back in plenty of time.
Also we wil be booking our places at the annual VMCC West Kent Run on Jan 1st via the VMCC website, IF YOU want to take your place on the actual run do register on the 1st Jan, see VMCC for details. The branch will put on a stand at the show too, there is accommodation and camping available on site. We intend to do a BBQ et on the Saturday eve if enough interest. lets see.....Andy C
rossoandy
MGCGB Member

Postby Kent Shaun » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:34 am

Great to see you back Andy, and good luck with everything...

I can only make Runs/Meets and whatever on a SUNDAY, due to my work, which should only last for 8 more years, then I'm FREE.. :lol:

In the meantime, PLEASE post stuff EARLY on here, I've missed a few things as I can only access my computer a few times a week. (Work once again) After over 25yrs of doing the West Kent, I'm having to miss that this year, (Work once again).. :cry:

In the meantime, the T5 is off the road till around Feb, doing fettling as it's my commuter, and the miles are mounting up. So the New Year's Day ride to the Pied Bull, with the West Kent VMCC lot, will be done on one of my BSA's most likely the 72 Thunderbolt... ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR to one and all, and I'll see you out and about, don't forget the Clock camp, it's WONDERFUL... :D
How Much..!
Kent Shaun
MGCGB Member

Postby PaulW » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:53 am

Unfortunately, due to work, I often can’t do dates that most people can. I’m working on the 1st, for example. I’m not the most outgoing or social person until I’ve had a beer anyway! Would be nice to see some other Guzzis and their owners though!
PaulW

Postby pabmas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm

Freely admit that I haven't been active on the club front, however due to a change of circumstances my plan is to make this the year that I get more use of the Guzzi. Hopefully that will include getting involved in the Kent branch. Missed the xmas and new year meets (actually moved house a week before xmas so it was a little chaotic!) but hope to get to meet some of you over the coming months.
pabmas

Postby rossoandy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:58 am

We will be at the Doghouse again this friday eve after 8...

Once the better weather arrives we can start to do a few ride outs.....lots of places to see around kent even, let alone some longer jaunts,
rossoandy
MGCGB Member

Postby Brian.Dillamore » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 pm

Hi
I have sugested to the webmaster that could we have a group email notification if we subscribe to a branch so that we can get any news or events going on.
The problem I have is that I am sporadic in checking the Kent branch and could possibly make a few do's.
I wil try and get down for a few this year
Brian
Brian.Dillamore

Postby mikehutt » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:44 pm

Nice to see some stirrings in the kent club. as with others i have not looked at this for some time as little was ever on . however as it warms up me and my wife would be interested in some runs/outings
mike
mikehutt

Return to Kent Branch