View topic - Sad news about a club member

Sad news about a club member

This forum is for news and information regarding the Herts & Beds branch and it's events.

Postby Alan McCoy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 pm

Hello all,

It is with sadness that I would like to let you know that unfortunately my Father Peter McCoy passed away after complications with heart surgery at Papworth Hospital last Friday (29th March).

I know that he was an avid Moto Guzzi fan & we often spoke of the adventures that he & his club mates got up to.

As yet I haven't got the funeral arrangements in place, but I will post again when I have them. I am sure that he would appreciate (as would I) anybody that wished to attend.

My email address is alan_mccoy@hotmail.com if you wish to contact me.

With thanks
Alan McCoy
Non MGCGB Members

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:46 pm

That is awful news. You have my sincerest condolences.

Pete was a genuine character and will be sorely missed. He did enjoy a rally and a pint or two, which occasionally resulted in fellow club members having to steer him in the right direction, back to his tent.

One of my lasting memories will be of Pete sleeping with his feet sticking out of his tent! And trying to pack away a pop up tent.

I know Richard will be in touch on behalf of the branch regarding arrangements. See you soon.

Take care.

Allan

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:46 pm

He will be sadly missed, we've ridden many a mile together and shared many a pint.
RIP Pete, a motorcyclist not a biker.

The Count 5%er
GuzziRichard2013-04-03 21:05:56

Postby guzzilady » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:17 pm

We first met Pete when he turned up out of the blue at our Branch BBQ at our home, everyone took to him. We once made him pack up his bike for a camp at his local Pub in the village and met him at his place, revving up all the bikes to go a few hundred yards down the road to arrive in 'style'
He will be sadly missed.
Hazelguzzilady2013-04-03 21:03:48
Sold The Vac & Got A Guzzi
www.guzzimad.co.uk
guzzilady
MGCGB Member

Postby Colinmc1 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Very sad news, Pete was always fun to be with. I still laugh when I think of him packing up his "pop up" tent.
RIP Pete.....a true gentleman. Colinmc12013-04-03 20:44:29
Colinmc1
Non MGCGB Members

Postby Alan McCoy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 am

All,

Firstly thank you so much for all your kind words with regards to my Dad. I take great comfort from them.

Here are the funeral details:
12.15 at Bedford Crematorium, Norse Rd on Wed 17th April.

I know that Richard is organising a Guzzi cortege which will follow Dad from his apartment at Duckmill Lane to the Crematorium, so please contact Richard for details.

With thanks once again.
Alan McCoy
Non MGCGB Members

Postby Alan McCoy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:18 am

All,

I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for the show of support for my Father
at his funeral last Wednesday. Seeing all the guys & gals turn up on their Guzzi’s
was truly a special sight & I know that Dad would have approved.

It was lovely to meet the people which Dad had spoken so fondly
about.

With thanks again.

Alan McCoy
Non MGCGB Members

Return to Herts & Beds Branch