View topic - V50 PA Polizia Municipale - PRICE REDUCED.

V50 PA Polizia Municipale - PRICE REDUCED.

For the selling of personal motorbikes. For more information please read the announcements.

V50 PA Polizia Municipale - PRICE REDUCED.

Postby poliziabob » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:51 am

I POSTED THE FOLLOWING AROUND TWO WEEKS AGO.

IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TIME TO REDUCE THE PRICE.  

I WOULD LIKE £2750. I’M OPEN TO OFFERS.

ORIGINAL POST. Impending house sale brings forward, with regret, the sale of this old favourite.

I have had this 1986 V50 PA since 2010 and have been gradually improving, riding and enjoying it. Pictured in Gambalunga a number of times on Devon club runs (the last time at the 2017 BIAMF - Bristol Italia Auto Moto Festival, see Gambalunga page 13, July – Aug 17 edition) this great little bike always turns heads and provokes discussion, and more than a little banter, wherever we go.

Unlike many of the other ex-police V50s I have seen, it retains its Polizia signs and emblems. I have paid attention to good maintenance, and to safety, with assistance when necessary from other club members, (most recently adding braided brake lines throughout) but have chosen not to mess with it cosmetically. As result, it still looks like what it is: an authentic, used, working police bike from the Alpine district of Aosta, close to the Italian/French border.

Having mentioned at a recent (August) Devon branch outing that I might be forced to sell it owing to plans to move house, a discussion ensued about its likely value. Starting with the obvious view that it is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it, a consensus emerged that £3,000 to £3,500 was not unrealistic. I guess most of us like to think that out bikes are going to a good home when we let them go, especially our old favourites. So, when I was offered £3000 there and then by a club member whose last Guzzi restoration (featured in Gambalunga) was nothing short of a work of art, I was delighted and, after a few more phone calls and another meeting, a deal was struck.

Everyone was happy until unforeseen circumstances intervened and the buyer was forced, with reluctance, to withdraw.

That is the story so far and having taken those first steps down the path of letting the bike go I am now offering it for sale on the forum. I am open to offers, with the above experience as a guide price and starting point.

If you are looking for a great little bike, either as a full restoration project or, like me, to enjoy and ride as it is, this V50 is a sound investment, as well as lots of fun.

All MOTs and receipts since I took ownership in 2010, plus V5C and previous paperwork following importation are available. Also a box of, mostly new, bits and pieces.

This week I fitted a new factory clutch cable and had it MOTd – expiry date 2 October 2018.  

So, with some lingering sadness its’ ready to go and looking for its next good home.

For further information and photographs, or to arrange to come and take a look, please send me a PM me or call me on 01803 813876 or 07912 367986. Nigel. (South Devon). 
poliziabob

Return to For Sale - Members' Bikes